Hours: Full time, monthly rota based around a 5 day a week shift of 8am-5pm to include shift work based around tidal times and include weekend working.
An opportunity exists to join our expanding marina team in Watchet Marina. The marina is currently undergoing a significant dredging campaign and is benefiting from being the latest addition to The Marine & Property Group Ltd’s marina portfolio. We are looking for a positive and proactive individual to join our Marina Crew. While the role will predominantly be focussed around the dredging activities within the marina, the candidate will also be expected to carry out general marina operative work outside of tidal dredging campaigns. Therefore, this is very much an outdoor customer facing role so the ideal applicant should have the right ‘can do’ attitude and be well presented.
Responsibilities will include:
- Crewing for the Water injection dredging activities within the marina basin as per agreed rota
- General maintenance of vessel
- Assisting with onboard checks, log book management and reporting
Outside of planned dredging campaigns Marina Operative duties include:
- Daily checks of pontoons and marina site
- Reporting and fixing any identified issues
- General grounds cleaning and maintenance
- Fuelling vessels
- Moving and mooring up vessels
- Boat washing and valeting
- Assisting with administrative duties in the marina office including; Taking berthing enquiries, raising invoices, taking payments and updating databases
- Speaking with customers and visitors to the marina
- Assisting with events held at the marina and in the local community
- RYA Powerboat level 2 (minimum)
- Be able to work shift work and weekends
- An ability to deliver the highest standards of customer service
- Enthusiastic and friendly with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Computer literate
- A practical, resourceful and common-sense approach
- Able to swim
- Hold a clean driving license
If you have the ability to succeed in this role, and would like to join a rapidly expanding team we would like to hear from you.
Please email a covering letter and a CV, before the 1st November 2021, to Watchet Marina Manager, Matt Driscoll, on firstname.lastname@example.org.