A full-time dredging skipper/engineer position has become available within our rapidly expanding Harbour Management Division based in Cardiff. We are are looking for an experienced, reliable skipper to work on our water injection dredgers; CMS Innovation and CMS Seaka (10m LOA, 5m Berth). The role will predominantly be based in South Wales, but may involve a reasonable amount of travel throughout the UK and potentially Europe. With the shift work there is potential to earn significant overtime pay and extra holiday.
The role of skipper will include;
- Responsible for day to day running of the dredgers and reporting progress to management daily
- Ensuring contracts are fulfilled to requirements
- General maintenance of the vessels
- Communication with the clients when on-site
- Understanding and basic trouble shooting of the electronic, GPS and DGPS systems used while dredging
- Responsible for the onboard checks, log book management and reporting
- Responsibility to maintain MCA coding status
- Tidal shift and weekend work.
The successful applicant should;
- Hold a Yacht Master with commercial endorsement
- Dredging experience preferable
- Have significant experience on small vessel handling in tight areas
- Have a good knowledge of diesel engines and pump systems, AEC2 preferable
- Be able to work shift work and weekends
- Need to be able to work away from home
- Hold a clean driving license
- Be proactive with good communication and delegation skills
- Previous experience in surveying favorable
If you have the ability to succeed in this role, and would like to join a rapidly expanding team we would like to hear from you.
Please email a covering letter and a CV, before the 5th November 2021, to Rhys Jones, Rhys.email@example.com.
The right candidate may be chosen, and applications closed before this time. However your CV will be kept on file for 6 months, and you may be contacted if any other relevant positions open. If you are not willing for this to happen, do make a note of this on your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, please do get in contact