Location: Burry Port Marina
Hours: Full time, monthly rota, based around on a 5 days a week shifts of 9am-5pm to include 2 Saturdays, but with essential maintenance out of hours, as required, to ensure ongoing operation of the marina for which overtime is paid/lieu time taken.
We are looking for an Assistant Marina Manager to support the Harbour Master in the running and upkeep of Burry Port Marina. This is a new role within the harbour which is currently undergoing a programme of significant regeneration and development to include dredging and the building of new marina facilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking daily examinations of the pontoon system and marina facilities and carrying out any repair work and maintenance identified
- Monitoring vessels to ensure that the marina users are adhering to the relevant harbour regulations
- Assisting with all administrative processes for the Marina including; booking of moorings, raising invoices, updating databases, checking insurance details and taking payments
- Providing marina services to boat owners such as relocating, bailing out and mooring up vessels
- Ensuring that the marina is safe for visitors and staff, by means of assisting with risk assessments, patrols and responding to incidents and emergencies
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness across the marina and site facilities including the pontoons, access ways, washrooms, slipways, offices
- Assisting with the general maintenance of the tidal flap gate and control room
- Ensuring the proper operation of the marina in compliance with the British Marine Federation guidelines, health and safety and other legislation
- Providing out of hours emergency cover for flap gate failure, VHF radio, communications and general telephone enquiries (as per Monthly rota hours)
- Dealing with general inquiries from the public and visitors to the marina
- Assisting with events held at the marina and in the local community
- Assisting with dredging activities in the harbour and liaising with third party contractors as required.
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to work with electrical tools
- Ability to work as an individual or as a team
- Drivers License
- Boating knowledge and qualifications eg: Power boat Level 2
If you have the ability to succeed in this role, and would like to join a rapidly expanding team we would like to hear from you.
Please email a covering letter and a CV, before the 24th October 2021, to Alison Gregory, at email@example.com