The Marine & Property Group Ltd are looking to engage a Marine Engineer at our Port Dinorwic Marina on the Menai Strait. The company currently owns and operates 4 marinas along the welsh coastline; operates Wales’ leading boat refit and repair centre in Cardiff, runs marine engineering and industrial engineering companies and has an extensive commercial property portfolio across its locations. With further expansion, there are opportunities for growth. The role is full time. The post holder will be responsible for development and growth of engineering services within the Marina responsible to the Marina manager.
The Role of the Marine Engineer will include:
- Repair and servicing of marine engines, including maintenance of outdrives and inboard engines
- Engine rebuild, replacement on site and installation of new engines
- Assisting customers from quotation through to work completion
- Assist with marina plant and dock machinery maintenance.
- As part of the Marina Team you would be expected to work alongside the Dock Masters during busy periods, including dock and lock maintenance.
The individual and qualifications
The role requires an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with high standards. Candidates with leading brand experience such as Volvo Penta / Mercruiser and other leading brands would be advantageous. Formal qualifications in the field will be sought. Marine petrol and diesel experience and knowledge of electronics an advantage. Must be able to work under own initiative with full back-up support.
Salary: £24,000 – £30,000 Negotiable dependent on experience
Hours of work: 08.30 – 16.30 Monday to Friday
To apply, please forward you CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org