Graduate Hydrographic Surveyor and Dredging Support Officer
The Marine & Property Group Ltd have an exciting new role for a graduate with hydrographic survey related degree or similar such as environmental engineering or marine geography who is a looking for a unique opportunity to start a career in the marine industry.
The successful candidate will assist in the commercial and operational aspects of the company’s Water Injection Dredging services including undertaking hydrographic surveys. The role also involves liaising with clients to ensure the smooth running of projects across the business for both the maintenance and capital dredging of ports and harbours.
Working within a small team you will be involved in understanding our dredgers capabilities, cost calculations and the preparation of tender submission documents.
Whilst the role is predominately office based, travel to meet clients, undertake surveys and visit projects is expected, with potential opportunities for overseas travel as the business develops.
- Analysis of client tender documentation.
- Working with the wider organisation, ensuring all the elements required to complete a tender are correctly managed and understood.
- Using onboard equipment to carry out hydrographic surveys to maximise the efficiency of the project and execute the survey to ensure that the clients’ scope of work is completed to the highest possible standard
- Development of cost estimates and written quality elements, including work methods and risk assessments.
- Completion of tender documentation.
- Following up submitted tenders with clients and involvement with any post tender queries / negotiations.
- Supporting the project team once the works have been awarded and are underway
- Analysis of project execution by monitoring costs and productions for future applications and writing up case studies.
- Supporting Project Managers with Project specific queries
- Management of portals across the business.
- To ensure that all risks connected with the acquisition and execution of projects are controlled and managed adequately and timely.
- Supporting Senior Management with business development functions
Required knowledge & experience
A good degree, ideally in Engineering or with a marine basis is required.
Knowledge of computer applications
Experience in installing and configuring hydrographic equipment and software
A good knowledge of site operations and the dredging industry
Health and safety knowledge
Comfortable working with numbers and able to develop technical documents clearly and concisely.
Working within a team, at times to challenging deadlines is essential, as is the ability to communicate clearly with clients and senior management.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000- £24,000 dependent on experience
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com