As an established industry supplier to a wide variety of industrial, commercial marine and marine leisure customers we are looking to expand our team and recruit an Engineering Manager.
This is an exciting position offering the candidate a competitive salary and an opportunity to develop their role within a fast moving business.
The Individual’s Skills & Experience
The role requires an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with high standards. The role requires a solid technical knowledge and strong business management skills. The applicant will have responsibility for the planning, management and delivery of mechanical engineering services within the company. They will implement strategic plans, manage budgets, meet financial targets and be expected to develop the business in line with a 5 year plan set by the Directors.
The Role of the Engineering Manager will include:
• Responsibility for the overall financial performance of the business.
• Ensuring cost effective delivery of engineering services to customers.
• Preparing management information for Directors.
• Participation in strategic planning workshops.
• Delivery of business process improvements.
• Understanding customer requirements and maintaining customer service.
• Control of quotations, submitting tenders and setting contract terms.
• Developing new and maintaining existing relationships with customers.
• Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions.
• Mentoring employees, co-ordinating training and personal development plans.
• Manage supplier relationships and grow brand offerings.
• Knowledge of the practical application of mechanical engineering.
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and departmental co-ordination.
• A track record of being able to build and maintain client relationships.
• Good communication and strong written skills.
• Strong time management skills
• Knowledge of MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook & Project.
• Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
• Must be a team player.
• Provide direction and lead employees from the front.
• Manage personnel relations and human resource issues within the department, such as disciplinary actions, recruitment and promotions.
• Establish expectations of quality and to develop a team environment.
• Implement change and innovation effectively.
• Determine staffing requirements and work.
• Represent the department at strategic meetings
• Job Type: Full Time
• Location: Cardiff
• Salary dependant on experience
• Optional contributory Company Pension scheme
• 20 days annual leave plus Public Holidays
• Mobile phone
If you think you have the ability to succeed in this role, we would like to hear from you. Please email for a full job description making reference to the prime tasks and responsibilities outlined above: