A full time dredging skippers position has become available within The Marine Group’s rapidly expanding Harbour Management Division based in Cardiff. The Marine Group are looking for an experienced, reliable skipper to work on our water injection dredgers; CMS Innovation and CMS Seaka (10m LOA, 5m Berth). The role will predominantly be based in South Wales, but may involve a reasonable amount of travel throughout the UK and potentially Europe. With the shift work there is potential to earn significant overtime pay and extra holiday.
The role of skipper will include;
- Responsible for day to day running of the dredgers and reporting progress to management daily
- Ensuring contracts are fulfilled to requirements
- General maintenance of the vessels
- Communication with the clients when on-site
- Understanding and basic trouble shooting of the electronic, GPS and DGPS systems used while dredging
- Responsible for the onboard checks, log book management and reporting
- Responsibility to maintain MCA coding status
- Tidal shift and weekend work
The successful applicant should;
- Hold a Yacht Master with commercial endorsement
- Have significant experience on small vessels handling in tight areas
- Have a good knowledge of diesel engines and pump systems
- Be able to work shift work and weekends
- Need to be able to work away from home
- Hold a clean driving license
- Be proactive with good communication and delegation skills
- Previous experience in surveying or dredging would be looked at favourably.
If you have the ability to succeed in this role, and would like to join a rapidly expanding team we would like to hear from you.
Please email a covering letter and a CV to Rhys Jones – Contracts Manager, Rhys.email@example.com.
Closing date – 30th June 2021. We may bring this forward if we find the right candidate earlier.
If you have any questions about the role, please do get in contact.