Job role: To oversee the safe, effective and efficient operation of Cardiff Marina. This is a split of a hands-on role with time spent out of doors in all weathers and a sales and customer care role with time spent in the marina office.
- To manage and coordinate the daily running of the 350-berth marina to include pontoons and building maintenance, boat checks, general customer service, boat movements and selling moorings.
- Liaising with the Boatyard Manager, Estates Manager, and Rigging Manager to promote the boat refit and repairs services as required
- Must be knowledgeable in lifting vessels to be able to assist our boatyard operations using the 50t Sealift when required
- You will be required at times to move boats and tow vessels with a dory
- To Monitor vessels to ensure that marina users are adhering to relevant harbour regulations, communicate effectively with customers resolving any issues.
- To ensure that the marina is safe for visitors and staff by implementing health and safety requirements, risk assessments etc and make sure that all staff adhere to them. This is to be supported by our contracted H&S company.
- To assist in developing the onsite brokerage and to develop the boat sales department across our marinas
- To work with the marketing and communications team to develop the customer base and commercial development of the marina
- To manage all administrative processes for the marina: booking of moorings, chasing up accounts with debtors, budgeting costs, management meetings at head office and Responsibility for the P&L account for the Marina via business development and financial performance.
- Knowledge of boating and marina environment
- British Marine Federation Marina Manager qualification (desirable)
- Must have a good knowledge of navigation and general seamanship and preferably have a Yacht Masters Qualification (min PB2).
- Computer literate
- Leadership, supervision and man management skills
- Customer service skills and experience
Negotiable according to experience.
Job Type: Full-time role including 2 Saturdays a month and bank/public holidays as part of a shift rota. The Manager role entails an on call out of hours emergency phone cover whereby the successful candidate must be able to attend the marina in the event of an emergency.
To apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org