The Marine & Property Group Ltd are looking to engage an Accountant to manage the preparation of the company accounts for our developing business. The company currently owns and operates 4 marinas along the welsh coastline; operates Wales’ leading boat refit and repair centre in Cardiff, runs marine engineering and industrial engineering companies and has an extensive commercial property portfolio across its locations. With further expansion, there are opportunities for growth.The role is full time and based in our Head Office in Cardiff. The post holder will be responsible to the Head of Finance.
Preparation of monthly Accounts involving:
- Prepare monthly management information to Gross Profit level
- Forecast and monitor income against plan
- Forecast and monitor expenditure against plan
- Prepare reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
- Complete Monthly MI pack including integrated forecast
- Provide ad hoc schedules as may be requested to support business managers
- Maintain loan schedule spreadsheet
- Bank reconciliation
- Support Overhead optimisation (continual contract reviews)
- Accruals & Prepayments
- Petty Cash control
- Fixed Assets Ledger
- Work in Progress journal
- Set up Bank payments online
- VAT returns
Minimum qualification AAT, ACCA or CIMA
You will have experience of dealing with customers, handling cash and being part of a team
An easy-going friendly disposition with a good confident telephone manner.
Holidays – In line with Government legislation there are 20 days annual leave and 8 bank holidays.
Salary – Negotiable dependant on experience
Job Type: Full-time
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com