Clearly, we are in uncharted territory when it comes to the Coronavirus and our thoughts are with anyone affected. We wanted to let you know that we are doing all we can to look after the well-being of our team and you, our customers, while keeping a constant eye on the government guidance.
The health of our employees and customers remains of paramount importance and we are taking all the necessary precautions to try and ensure this stays that way. This includes;
- Keeping a close eye on advice from the government and from health experts and actioning any necessary recommendations as the situation develops.
- Extensively communicating to all our team members, the importance of following basic hygiene protocols in line with NHS guidelines. This particularly focuses on hand hygiene.
- Restricting unnecessary travel for our team members between our sites.
- Avoiding close personal contact with customers around our sites and not shaking hands.
- Maintaining the highest standard of personal and public hygiene in our offices, marinas and boatyards, in line with the latest government recommendations.
We ask that all berth holders support us in these measures and act responsibly when visiting your boats. In order to assist with social distancing, wherever possible, please contact us via email or phone rather than attending our marina offices in person.
Should you have any concerns about your boat and are not able to check on it in person over the coming weeks please contact your Marina Office as our staff will continue to carry out their usual checks and will be happy to update you. On a practical level our staff can help you by checking your mooring lines, taking payments over the phone, topping up your electricity supply and providing electronic quotes for any work you would like undertaken on your boat.
All within our company have been instructed to be extra vigilant for the symptoms of the virus so that the latest Government recommended self-isolation protocol can be adhered to immediately, at the earliest indication. We will then take the appropriate responsive action as required. Please can you support us to reduce the spread of the virus by notifying us if you have any confirmed cases of COVID-19 within your immediate family if you have recently visited one of our marinas or boatyards.
We remain committed to keeping our services going whilst we experience these difficult times and would like to reassure berth holders that despite the guidelines in place, at present, our marina and boatyard staff are continuing to work to provide you with the best service and that our marinas are open as usual for you to enjoy your boats.
As the situation evolves and if we need to make any changes, we will of course update you.
Christopher Odling-Smee Rob Freemantle
Director, The Marine & Property Group Ltd Operations Director; The Marine & Property Group Ltd