Due to the forecast, we have now moved Bag a Bass to Sunday 22nd August 2021.
Join us for a great day of fishing at Burry Port Marina!
£20 (cash only)
BOOKING A BERTH
Please contact Burry Port Marina on 01554 835691
Registration at the Marina Office;
- Between 9am & 1pm – 16th to 20th August
- Friday 20th August evening 5pm – 8pm
- Rods in – 7.30am
- Rods out – 5.30pm
Weighing will take place at Burry Port Yacht Club.
Boat insurance is required
£1000 – The Marine Group
£200 rod and reel – Anglers Corner
£250 voucher towards a service or antifoul – Burry Port Marine Services
£200 – Stella Energy UK
£250 – Burry Port Town Council
RYA Level 2 Powerboat Course
Full Junior Start up fishing kit – Country Stores Gowerton
£100 – Isecure Security & Fire Systems
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!
Please read carefully.
The following Rules and Regulations must be complied with at all times. Failure to do so renders you liable for disqualification.
The entry fee for this year’s competition is £20.00 per person.
- – All entrants must have filled out a registration form. All persons carried aboard must fill out their own registration form, regardless of the boat they are fishing from. The boat will be issued a number and each participant on board will have their own number.
- – Rods in at 06:30am Rods out at 16:00pm
- – Final weigh-in no later than 17:30pm
- – Only fish included on the list (will be supplied) will count for prizes.
- – Two rods can be used at any one time, a maximum of three hooks per rod. Trebles count as three.
- – No foul hooked fish will be accepted.
- – The fish that you are weighing in must be bagged and secured with the numbered tags provided. These bags must be handed directly from your boat to the official in the weighing area. Your bag will be opened at the weigh in station, you will need to be present for weigh-in.
- – Before leaving the harbour, all boats should report to the designated section to be checked for illegal tackle, fish etc and to be signed out. They must then leave immediately. On return to the harbour, boats must report to the assigned area and be signed in. This rule is for your safety and protection, it ensures all boats are accounted for.
- – Gill nets, trawl nets or any commercial net, long lines, dead lines are strictly prohibited.
10) – All entrants must adhere strictly to the fishing times and rules. Anglers are advised to have their own means of measuring their catch as undersized fish will not be weighed.
11) – No two boats may come together after leaving the pontoon, unless for an emergency.
12) – One major prize per entrant.
If for any reason the event is postponed, it will be held on the Sunday August 22nd .